Subscribe to my mailing list and receive a free copy of Aesop’s Fables on Stage
If you would like to sign up to our mailing list and receive a free copy of Aesop’s Fables on Stage, click here.
- “The Dragon Dance”: The dragon dance is a popular part of Chinese New Year celebrations. Have the group work together to create a dragon costume using materials such as paper, cardboard, and streamers. Then, have the group perform a dragon dance to traditional Chinese music.
- “The New Year’s Banquet”: This activity involves role-playing a traditional Chinese New Year’s banquet. Have the group plan and prepare a menu of dishes, and assign roles such as host, guests, and servers. Then, have the group set the table, serve the food, and enjoy a mock banquet together.
- “The Fortune Telling Game”: In this activity, the group will pretend to be fortune tellers, and will use props such as paper fortune tellers and tarot cards to predict each other’s futures. Players can take turns reading each other’s fortunes, and can use this activity as an opportunity to practice improvisation and storytelling skills.
- The Lion Dance”: Similar to the dragon dance, the lion dance is another popular part of Chinese New Year celebrations. Have the group create a lion costume using materials such as paper mache, cardboard, and streamers. Then, have the group perform a lion dance to traditional Chinese.
- The Great Race”: This activity is based on the legend of the Chinese zodiac, in which the animals raced to determine their place in the zodiac calendar. Divide the group into teams, and assign each team one of the zodiac animals. Have the teams perform a series of challenges or obstacles, and the first team to finish wins the race